36483 Road 606
Knowles-Raymond, CA 93653
St. Joachim Rectory
Join Us for Mass!
When a priest is available, we celebrate the Vigil Mass at 4:00 p.m.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
30 minutes before Mass when time permits
The History of St. Anne Mission Church
Constructed with native granite stone, the structure was built for the Knowles School District in 1920, by Architect Henry F. Starbuck of Fresno, California. In 1942, when the Raymond and Knowles School Districts were consolidated, the Knowles School was closed. In 1959 John Alexander, President of the Raymond Granite Company, concerned about providing religious services for his Catholic employees, contacted Mr. and Mrs. Herb Bucheneau who donated the property in 1961 on which the school building stood. The land and the old Knowles school were thus deeded to the Diocese of Monterey-Fresno to be used as a Catholic Church.Remodeled, the building was renames St. Anne's Chapel and was blessed on Easter Sunday, April 7, 1962, by Reverend Mario Buttini, pastor, assisted by Fathers John Grossi, Albert Marzani, and Lupe Sanchez. Sunday Mass has been celebrated at St. Anne's Chapel since September 23, 1962, not only for the Raymond Granite Company Employees but also for all the Catholics in the area.